Friday, January 7, 2011

Made To Crave - Replace

Made to Crave - Replacing Food Cravings Spiritually

Hey guys, welcome to our book review for the new and amazingly insightful 'Made to Crave:Replacing Food Cravings With God' , written by one of our favorite authors, Lisa TerKeurst.

The United States has always been a country that holds onto our spiritual beliefs -in one way or another. And eventhough it may seem like things are getting worse - having faith in the Lord and keeping Him close is our own personal decision. So after reading this amazing book, I had no problem writing this quick review - and hopefully those of you that arent sure about God or spirituality will still consider the power behind this books message.

Inside you will find that the one thing missing from many diet plans and new age fads, is the person's ability to find strength from higher sources. Rarely do we read about a weight loss plan that is centered around our own ability to overcome cravings and replace them with something more powerful - the 'Made to Crave' book gives more , instead of the usual diets that simply give us more idea's and recipe's to continue eating at the same pace.

I have never forgot that the lord is my savior and I will always give thanks and recognize god in my day to day life -but I would be lying if I said that I sought out God first when it became clear that I was well over-weight.

Why We Need MORE Than A Diet Plan

Instead I tried to eat less -healthier - and do the diet thing first. I guess our society is faced with diet;s and fad weight loss systems every single day - and even if we have no need to lose weight ,most , if not ALL of us could probably name atleast 3 different diet plans. Right off the top of my head i can think of "Miami Beach" diet plan, that "Atkins Diet", and diet's based on the Acai Berry foods, drinks and i think pills as well.

So its normal that we initially think of trying out the latest diet 1st - its what we are programmed to do. And that is why I found the 'Made to Crave' book quite appealing. Not only does it provide us with the spiritual tools that will help us to face our eating demons and win the small, everyday battles, but it will re-awaken our eye's to God and our relationship with Him as well.

MORE Than Weight Loss

I have already found that my spirit is renewed - resisting cravings is becoming quite easy, I actually feel like smiling when I pass up on the Krispy Kremes and the Combos when I am buying gas. It actually feels GOOD - the more time's we pass up on junk foods and empty calories, the STRONGER we become.



There is alot more I can say about this amazing book- dont get me wrong, I have no problem with adding my other favorite book, the 'Cinch!' diet plan to the mix - its great reading and there is never anything wrong with gaining the knowledge that is inside of the 'Cinch!' book , but there is much to be gained from the 'Made to Crave' book that will last you a lifetime.

For more information and instructions for getting your own copy or downloading it to Kindle, follow the link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment